How To Build A Custom Home
- Tour model homes and visit The Information Center in Forest Ridge. When you find something you like discuss with that builder or our staff. If you have your own plans we can help you find the right builder.
- Locate a homesite within one of our available neighborhoods or let us help you with your lot selection. Often, builders have purchased homesites within active neighborhoods that may best fit your needs. In that case, we will connect you with that builder.
- Inspect the homesite thoroughly with the Forest Ridge staff or builder to ensure that your future home will fit.
- After selecting the builder they will work with you to insure that your home plans include all the features to fit your lifestyle and budget.
- The builder will then give you a firm price on what it will take to build the home to your specifications. At that point you will execute a “Fixed Price” contract with the builder to construct your home.
- Another option is a “Cost-Plus” contract. In this case your builder provides you an estimate of what it will take to build your home and you pay the exact price of what it costs plus a fee to the builder. In the “Fixed Price” contract, the builder assumes the risks of increases in cost. In a “Cost-Plus”, you assume the risks of increases. However, you also might save money if the costs are less than estimated.
- Obtain financing. This can be arranged by you, your financial institution or your approved Forest Ridge builder.
- The builder will obtain all necessary building permits, arrange for temporary power, order the water meter and get the home site ready for construction.
- Construction begins with the installation of footings, plumbing under the slab and pouring the slab. This period seems to take a long time but is very important to have a good finished product.
- Framing of the shell of your home begins. This process goes very quickly and you will be able to see daily progress as your home takes shape.
- Choose Color Selections - Your builder will ask you to make all your material and color selections (i.e. brick, tile, flooring, cabinets etc) in a timely manner and far enough in advance for these items that may need to be ordered.
- Builder Updates - Your builder will communicate with you throughout the process of crafting your home. Changes to the original house plans can be made but these changes do cost extra and may delay the construction process.
- Your Home will take an average of 6 to 10 months to construct.
- Prior to your move in, you will do a new home orientation with your builder to discuss any items that need corrected prior to the closing.
- Close on your new construction home.
- Move in to your new home.
- Enjoy all of the amenities of living in the Master Planned Community of Forest Ridge!
Forest Ridge Information Center is located at 901 N. Forest Ridge Blvd and is open daily for your convenience. As you enter The Information Center we have a large topography map (scaled model) of our master planned community. This model shows the location of all 13 neighborhoods, future development, golf course, lakes, parks and all of our amenities within Forest Ridge. The Information Center is staffed by information specialists that are non-commissioned and are here to answer any questions you may have about Forest Ridge. Available to you are maps of Forest Ridge, brochures on the community, golf, restaurant, current Forest Ridge Newsletter, neighborhood plats and much more.
Forest Ridge welcomes all real estate agents and our staff works with your agent not against them. Realtors have their own office at Forest Ridge with use of our conference room, computer lab and office equipment. We are the experts on our neighborhood and before viewing any property please stop in for a history of our community.
Give us a call today to find out what neighborhood is right for you.
Forest Ridge, where a house is more than a home!
Phone 918-357-4432 Toll Free 800-305-2516 Realty@forestridge.com